Anti colic baby bottles in Singapore can be manufactured using a wide variety of materials. These can include plastic, glass and stainless steel and it is important to make sure that whatever one we choose is BPA-free since BPA can be harmful to our baby’s health. The material we choose can make a big difference. Choosing the right one can help prevent or control colic.
- Glass bottles work best for hot liquids because of their sturdiness, but they can be expensive. As long as our baby does not drop and break it though, they can last for a long time.
- Plastic bottles are the easiest to clean because they absorb odors most effectively. They can be replaced more easily if they go bad since they are made out of the cheapest materials.
Consuming too much or too little milk or formula is another thing that can have a negative effect on our baby’s health. Make sure our baby is consuming just the right amount. This depends on our baby’s age. Newborn babies should be given the smallest bottles because they need the smallest diets. As our baby grows older, we can start feeding those larger and larger portions and upgrade to larger bottles. Most baby bottles come in either 4-5 ounces or 9-10 ounces.
Anti-colic bottles cost more than regular baby bottles, but it can be worth the investment if our baby is suffering from gas issues that might cause colic. Many cheap baby bottles are also made of low-quality plastic with BPA, which the government advises can cause long-term health issues for our baby.
Besides what has mentioned above, there are a few other factors in our bottle choice that can make or break our baby’s health.
- If we plan to feed our baby breast milk, make sure the pump fits securely inside the bottle.
- Investing in a bottle with an orthodontic nipple can improve our baby’s long-term oral health. The nipple shape a baby typically sucks on can determine how their gums and palate develop.
Other ways to control colic
Besides picking the right bottle, there are some other things parents can do to keep colic under control.
- Get our baby tested for food allergies. Babies who are lactose-intolerant and unable to digest dairy milk are more likely to suffer from colic. Switch to a non-dairy formula if that is the case.
- Use formula designed for sensitive stomachs instead of traditional formula.
- Do not smoke tobacco while pregnant and always keep our baby away from secondhand smoke. This should seem obvious, but plenty of people still do it.
- Apply pressure to our baby’s stomach to ease discomfort.
- Create a calming environment for our baby to help them relax. Play soothing music and do not have too many loud guests hanging out at our house.
- Give our baby some fresh air. Put them in the stroller and take them for a walk in the park.
- Give our baby a pacifier to suck on. Many babies think they are hungry when really; they just want to suck on something.
- Give our baby anti-gas drops or probiotic drops to ease their stomach pain. Make sure to discuss this decision with our pediatrician first though. Never give our baby medication without getting their permission.
Paying attention to all of these factors can help a baby who is suffering from colic, or helps prevent colic from happening in the first place. Although, there is no cure for colic other than just waiting for it to go away, using the right type of anti-colic bottle can help keep it under control. Our baby’s bottle is one of the most important investments we can make in their health, but every baby is different so make sure to choose wisely.
For more details about infant products in Singapore click here.