Music is a universal language. It transcends boundaries and reaches beyond culture to touch the depth of our souls, express our common emotions and inspire us all.
Music helps us get in touch with, express, and manage our emotions and enhances our ability to communicate—even before we master the language. Imagine instilling that power in your toddler! At this age, they’re uniquely suited to connect with music. And by helping them embrace music and some basic skills early on, you give your child a valuable tool can serve them all their lives.
In addition to being valuable for its own sake, numerous studies have shown that music learning supports all learning. Music classes for toddlers in Singapore allow your toddler to learn and grow in a playful environment that is musically rich and always supportive of their learning style and stage of development.
How does music help toddlers?
Early in life, music has tremendous power to support the developing child in all their growing capacities. In addition to being enjoyable for its own sake, it forges unique connections in the brain, integrating mind, body, and emotions. It enhances a child’s language, cognitive, emotional, social, physical development as well as their learning habits and dispositions.
When you bring the power of music into your toddler’s life with Music Together, you offer them a playful learning environment that is also immediately accessible. We provide children with a wealth of musical experiences to share with the grownups who love them, as the adults learn to continue the play at home. With songs in a range of musical styles—lyrical to blues, world music to folk, along with fun and developmentally appropriate activities, your toddler receives a rich music experience that stimulates and supports their growing skills and understanding.
How many levels in music class?
Level 3 classes engage toddler natural love of music and activate their imaginations. A wide range of learning opportunities boosts language skills, confidence, independence, social-emotional skills, and self-control. You are invited to join the fun for a portion of each class, sharing in the joy of music-making and learning how your child is developing, all while strengthening your relationship with your child.
- Experiencing a variety of sounds and learning how sounds are produced by playing musical instruments, speaking or singing
- Playing instruments with an emphasis on a steady beat, repeated rhythm patterns, graphic notation, and ensemble music
- Ensemble Development, an activity that builds the skills preschoolers need in order to create music within a group
- Engaging in creative expression and language play, expressing feelings and ideas through movement and music
- Pre-reading music and learning to interpret graphic notation symbols, a precursor to learning traditional music symbols
Skills & Benefits
- Increased attention and focus; growing ability to memorize and recall
- Growing ability to detect patterns, nuances, and timber in sounds, a critical skill for music and language development
- Experience waiting patiently, taking turns, working cooperatively with a group and communicating effectively and respectfully
- Wider vocabulary and knowledge of story structures; critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Learning how to decode and interpret symbols, skills necessary for reading, math, and music. To read more benefits of Music & movement classes, Visit “The Musical Voyage “!